Support Box to Double Wall Compatibility Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

diceberg

Hello,

As a reader of this forum I want to extend a thank you to the community for the thoughtful replies on wood stove installations. Literature that has informed my decision on a Jotul 602 N wood stove, albeit on a bootstrapped budget for a small house. On the home stretch of burning wood and ran into one connection issue.

I have sourced Selkirk class A chimney pipe and installed the chimney components with an Excel metal roof flashing (thanks for the recommendation begreen). The issue I am having is connecting the support box to Security Secure Black Double Wall pipe. I have the chimney pipe adapter from Selkirk that fits inside the double wall but the ring on the support box doesn't want to fit outside or inside the male end of security stove pipe. In a perfect world it would be a proprietary system but I have hopes of making this work with a few re purposed components.

Please see attached photo of the support package. The security double wall drops down to a "T" and enters the rear of the stove. It is possible to use the female end of the stove pipe, wrapping around the support ring. This would be against the mating orientation specified by security. It would also pose the issue of closing off the male end of the "T" at the bottom of the stack. I have entertained a support band of some sort but have some concerns. Thank you in advance for any thoughts or suggestions.

Attachments

• supportpackage.jpg
    supportpackage.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 71