Sure Fire - Sure Ain't

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
Threw in a couple of bags of the Sure Fire. I have the same thing happening with them as the Trebios I had last year. A fairly sizable void is occurring around the auger and allowing the stove to go out. It does not seem to be from a long pellet blocking the auger as a stir of the pellets with a wood doweling produces a noticeable settling of the pellets into the void. There is virtually no difference between LaCrete pellet size and the Sure Fires.

I'm stumped...

Reactions: Cory S
Stickiness difference.
That may be a factor - appears to be less dust in the Trebios & Surefires than what is found in the LaCretes. Also wondering if weight per volume may factor in. May try weighing a cup of each to see if there is a difference.

Interesting find when I was playing around last weekend - Sure Fire bags are just over 40lbs; LaCretes are just under 40...

I just walk by and thump my stove ocassionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.