Sure temp chimney pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jaybezz

Feb 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi I have sure temp chimney pipe was wondering if they are okay for wood stove. Believe they are rated for 1000f. I have a small stove. Trumph stove. And if anyone knows if they are up to code in Ontario Canada. Thanks.

Hi I have sure temp chimney pipe was wondering if they are okay for wood stove. Believe they are rated for 1000f. I have a small stove. Trumph stove. And if anyone knows if they are up to code in Ontario Canada. Thanks.

It looks lile seitek sure temp chimney systems are double wall pipe good for all fuel burning including wood.

Hede in the states we have to call a county inspector to find out if it is code, or our installer lets us knoe. Not sure how that works in Canada.

if it is only good to 1000 it is not use able for a wood stove

Diameter Sizes:
5", 6", 7" & 8"
10", 12" & 14"
Clearances:
2" of Airspace to Combustibles
2" of Airspace to Combustibles
Listing:
UL 103 HT
UL 103
Temperature Ratings:
2100°F (Maximum Test 10 min.)
1700°F (Maximum Test 10 min.)
1400°F (Maximum for 60 min.)
1400°F (Maximum for 60 min.)
1000°F (Maximum Continuous
1000°F (Maximum Continuous
Operating Temperatures)
Operating Temperatures)

This is from their UL rating online, do not know if this helps, OP might have older stuff. The copy paste messed up, you can goole sure temp chimney pipe it comes right up.

This is from their UL rating online, do not know if this helps, OP might have older stuff. The copy paste messed up, you can goole sure temp chimney pipe it comes right up.
If what you posted is actually the pipe he has then yes it would be fine

Great thank you. I'm new to this stove stuff. I just bought a small cottage like 400 square feet. Not planning on using stove very much. Just when weather is above -2 be nice to spend time there.

How hot does wood stove have to be. If I have thermometer on it. Can stove work under 1000f
Where are you measuring the temp and what stove is it?

I'm not using it yet. It's a trumph stove. I have chimney pipe good for 1000f continues heat. Just wondering if I could burn at or under and be good.