Surefire Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lake Girl

Nov 12, 2011
NW Ontario
I picked up a ton of Surefire Pellets and am curious as to who manufactures these pellets. Here's the clues - they're from BC, they state they are manufactured in Canada, the manager said the deal was brokered through Skana... but not the same bag shown in the Skana thread. These are a white bag with green lettering. Tomorrow will post a pic of the bag and the code to try and track it down. The price per bag by the pallet was $5.61 Cdn. The draw back was it was a two hour drive... four round trip.

The only info I could find on Surefire was they were associated with Cypress that was purchased by Viridis Energy (2010). I haven't seen mention of a specific mill associated with them.

The 3 pallets of Lacretes that I ordered are still not to be found ... the lumber yard is getting seriously pissed that the promised delivery has not shown up yet and apparently not even in the supplier's yard as he had earlier stated.

Im hearing quite a few stories like yours. I predict there will be another run on pellets come spring by people such as yourself who are having difficulty finding them so late in the year.

I picked up a ton of Surefire Pellets and am curious as to who manufactures these pellets. Here's the clues - they're from BC, they state they are manufactured in Canada, the manager said the deal was brokered through Skana... but not the same bag shown in the Skana thread. These are a white bag with green lettering. Tomorrow will post a pic of the bag and the code to try and track it down. The price per bag by the pallet was $5.61 Cdn. The draw back was it was a two hour drive... four round trip.

The only info I could find on Surefire was they were associated with Cypress that was purchased by Viridis Energy (2010). I haven't seen mention of a specific mill associated with them.

The 3 pallets of Lacretes that I ordered are still not to be found ... the lumber yard is getting seriously pissed that the promised delivery has not shown up yet and apparently not even in the supplier's yard as he had earlier stated.
The Surefire Pellets are manufactured by Foothills Forest Products Grande Cache Alberta. They are from the same region as Lacrete, North Country and Spruce Pointe. Not sure where you are located.

Thanks, bc. Fairly good burn quality? Located in Ontario just east of Manitoba border.

Tim, this area is a difficult area to get good quality pellets. I bought up all the Trebio I could find in the spring and was down to the last 6 bags. I can get Indeck but they are a very high ash pellet. Wal-Mart & Canadian Tire are sketchy on stock supply. No hearth stores and the trucking company that used to back haul Lumberjacks is no longer in business. The North American lumber store brought in spruce points last year but could not get them. They are waiting on 38 pallets of the LaCretes that were supposed to be delivered at the end of September. Not a high population area so not a lot of choices and no "spring buys/orders"

Fairly good burn quality?
I have some Surefire as well which I have not burned as yet. But everything I have read on them seems good. In past threads people say if you can get them buy em up. I gather they are much the same as Barefoot, LaCrete or LG in burn quality. Small differences between those brands with La Crete at the top IMO.

Someone mentioned Spruce Pointe. To me that's a quality pellet too with really good heat output and moderate ash levels. I burned perhaps 40 bags of those last year and was pleased with them. I can get all I want this year, the price went nuts on them locally though so I passed ( $7.49 US a bag, no break on a ton but free delivery) .

Last edited:
The reason your bag says from bc is because they come fro, quincel bc...
Our local Canadian tire has two supplier and Rona another supplier...we buy a few bags where ever we are.
Our stove advantage two..runs on pellets on basicly any manufacturer and we buy em all over.
But sure fire is a sure quitter...our stove will not keep going...the pellets are to long...I measured one last week when I picked up the wrong bag And I found some pellets over one and a half inches long.
So when our stove is on number one about 4 or 5 pellets normally come out.
With sure fire. One mostly and two sometimes...so we have to turn it up a couple if settings..to keep her going.
And as for the manufacturer I belive this is what your looking for.

https://www.trademarkia.com/surefire-wood-pellet-fuel-78804356.html

Ps thanks to all posters here...I'm not much of a log inner...but this is a resource i am totally greatfull for....Roy.