Surge protector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When buying a surge protector, you get what you pay for. I would NOT get one of the cheap ones :exclaim: I would look at spending around the $50 range for one. Look for one that offers a high joule rating. The better ones offer monetary protection for what is plugged into them. If you wish to go all the way, you can even have one installed into you electrical panel that will protect everything powered through the panel.

I like Tripp-Lite, Isobar Surge Suppressor- Premium or Ultra surge, spike and line noise protection Model #: IBAR4 or Model #: ISOBAR4ULTRA.

4 outlets/6 ft. cord
2200 joule rating
All metal housing with LEDs
Isolated filter banks
$50,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance

Have over 300 of them at work protecting all the workstation, can be found under $40.00.

I use a small Tripp Lite UPS from Costco. It has the added benefit of keeping my AE running without interruption while my generator starts (less than 10 seconds), thus saving a shutdown/cleaning/restart cycle.

vgrund said:
I use a small Tripp Lite UPS from Costco. It has the added benefit of keeping my AE running without interruption while my generator starts (less than 10 seconds), thus saving a shutdown/cleaning/restart cycle.

Vgrund, what is the model # of the Tripp Lite UPS unit?

I use a Tripp Lite OMNI1000LCD. It was leftover from a desktop computer I decommissioned. Costco, $99.

Status
Not open for further replies.