Surge suppressor reminder for new stove owners ( aka "Newbies")

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just a reminder about making sure you have a GOOD QUALITY suppressor hooked to your new stove. Most of us have paid a pretty substantial amount of hard earned cash for these. The electronics can be "fried" from surges and new control boards are not usually cheap.

There have been MANY discussions on what the "ideal" specs are for one of these, so I suggest doing a search of the forum and reading-up on the subject.

On the topic of surge suppressors. A couple of weeks ago I started having some issues with my stove. I kept getting E1 codes. Long story short... Turned out my service had a good spike hit it and the surge suppressor that my stove is plugged into has had a partial failure. It was causing a brown out condition to the stove causing my problems. Now with a new suppressor installed I am trouble free.

fyrfightr said:
On the topic of surge suppressors. A couple of weeks ago I started having some issues with my stove. I kept getting E1 codes. Long story short... Turned out my service had a good spike hit it and the surge suppressor that my stove is plugged into has had a partial failure. It was causing a brown out condition to the stove causing my problems. Now with a new suppressor installed I am trouble free.

Great to hear the suppressor did it's job....protecting the electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.