1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Surgery went well

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    gryfalcon hit the nail on the head. I recall my first hip replacement and I really balked. The main reason is that I knew someone who had both hips replaced and he really was bad. I also knew a couple of folks who had one side done and they walked with a limp. So I put it off way too long. It was so bad that at times I simply could not move a muscle without screaming with pain. Fortunately it would let up enough so that I could move again but with pain. Then it would lock up again. It was He!! for sure. Then I had the surgery and within a week I was walking about 1/4 mile and increased that daily. Then my wife had her first hip replacement 3 weeks after mine. When I went to the hospital I was surprised to find her in the very same room I was in. I walked into the PT department and they remembered me and could hardly believe how well I was walking and even without crutches or walker. No, it is not a good idea to put that surgery off.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!