Swap VC for Drolet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockbridgechris

Feb 26, 2011
Western VA
I am getting ready to move into a house that has a two year old Drolet Savannah. I have the opportunity to buy a relatively new Vermont Castings Resolute (non-Cat) at a really good price. Should I make the switch? I have already cut and split 3/4 cord of oak for next year and it is a 15 7/8 inches long.

I would leave the Drolet in place. At 2 years old, it isn't even broken in yet! If you have $$$ burning a hole in your pocket, use it to buy more wood...
:coolsmile:

I wouldn't either. The Drolet is about the same size as the Resolute. Use it for the first year. If it meets your needs and you want something nicer to look at, you at least know the stove size you need.

Also, I believe the reviews on the EPA (newer) Resolutes are hit or miss in terms of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.