Swapping out wood stove with pellet stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keets

Feb 22, 2014
New England
I have a Regency F2100M and was curious to know how hard it would be to replace it with a pellet stove. The stove came with the house and I'd like the ease that comes with a pellet stove.

The exhaust is completely different. How are you currently set up? masonry? through a wall?

I'm at work but I'll post a picture when I get home. But it's vented through a masonry wall up to a chimney.

I also had a wood stove for years and made the switch a few years back... I am beating my head against the wall for not doing it sooner :)

Reactions: Peterfield
I'm at work but I'll post a picture when I get home. But it's vented through a masonry wall up to a chimney.

Yes picture would be good also some information if you know it: when you say chimney do you mean masonry? Is it lined with a stainless steel liner already or just clay tiles? How big is the flue opening, and hieght?

I just replaced one of my wood stoves with pellet, and thought the installation would be quicker/easier/cheaper seeing how I had a recently installed woodstove, but the hearth itself was the only real advantage. Probably would have been quicker and just as cheap venting-wise to put it on an outside wall and use one of the pre packaged all in one vent kits, instead of piecing it together and adapting to the existing venting. Outside air was a new challenge as well since I didn't have one (and was required with the new stove) and still working on getting that hooked up.

1414020846726-1367928922.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.