1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Swedish Candle

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by DexterDay, Jun 9, 2012.

1. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    I was just messing with you.
    I'm not always successful at it, but I try to follow the same adage.
    Oh, it's very obviously working.:cool:
    DexterDay likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Dex, sounds like your father was a wise man. I'm sure you've earned his respect, too. I was raised on the same principles, and I'm glad.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I know... No worries.

Yeah. He definitely taught me a lot... I now teach him a few things ;)

He loved the firepit as much as me.... I may have to scrounge the materials and make him one. Although his trusty tractor rim has been working for eons..
    ScotO likes this.
  4. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Come to think of it Dex, I have a bunch of firebrick that might work for the "grillin" side of a pit like that.
    Another project would be great!>>
    Trusty tractor rim......love it.
  5. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Dex that's fire-vanna as far as I'm concerned. Awesome job.

BTW, from your pics I see you are not a fan of weedwackin'. Do you even own a trimmer or does the sprayer take care of it all? ;lol
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Very observant eye..... ;) Around the house, garage, and any landscaping? No, I dont. I used to... To much time and always had to follow with the leafblower afterwards, to clean up.

In the pic with the empty birdfeeders :(, you can make out the banks of my pond and the dock. Thats the only area I weedwack. I own 2 trimmers. An Old Poulan Pro and a Husqvarna that I bought 2 yrs ago. I keep thinking that the Poulan is on its way out the door (why I bought the Husqvarna). But it keeps on screaming.

Every year I would edge with with a trimmer and until I got the Dixie Chopper this yr, I had a 52" Cub Cadet. Between trimming and cutting (I only keep 4 acres "finished", the rest just grows) I was spending about double and triple the time now.

The pond still takes about an hr to weedwack around. Only takes about a 1 hr and 10 min to cut the grass (down from 3-3.5 w Cub zero turn). I went from about 6-7 hrs weekly, to about 2 hrs. Still spend many more hrs keeping up with the landscaping... The Wife definitely keeps me busy....
  7. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Is that all? ;)
    Thistle, woodsmaster and ScotO like this.
  8. Eatonpcat

Eatonpcat Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eaton Township, Ohio
    Wonder how I missed this thread...Probably drank too much and skipped over it! Looks great Mad Dog!

Your's also Scotty (Nice house)
    ScotO and DexterDay like this.
  9. Normande

Normande New Member

Loc:
    SW New Hampshire
    Wish I'd have seen this before I noodled the last of the elm rounds.
    Nice job now I have more ideas:)