Sweet Home Fireplace Insert plans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregd96067

Jan 20, 2015
mt shasta
Never heard of that one. Maybe a pic of the lever and the areas of the stove surrounding it? Have your tried to free it up from the inside of the stove? Whatever that level activates? May be fighting a losing battle based on what you see inside.

The 2nd link above in my original post shows the lever. We attempted to remove screws in order to then remove the outer shell of the insert. Those efforts were not successful thus far.

Any can you see it connected to anything inside? I have no easy definite answer, so if you get tired of my questions, let me know

I had a contractor over there yesterday performing maintenance. While he was there, he was able to see that there were screws here and there, but his efforts to open up the unit and to try to get to whatever that lever is connected to were successful. At that point I told him I would reach out to the Web and try to locate the manufacturer (who I now know is gone) or to try to find a downloadable plan for the stove. Thus this posting.

Worst case scenario I have to hire one of the local fireplace contractors, in hopes that they might have a clue, but I'm not quite ready to do that yet.

We are sufficiently skilled/curious to explore the insert, but mostly I was hoping that this forum might be a source of some hint as to where to find the plans. Don't feel obligated to coach me since you aren't personally familiar with this unit. I'll just hope that someone familiar with this brand pops in. I'll also continue to do some research independently.

Thanks much - I do appreciate it.

Did Sierra buy up the Sweet Home name? I see they sell a Sweet Home pellet line still.

Status
Not open for further replies.