1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

T-Bones on the new Pellet Grill

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Elderthewelder, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Elderthewelder

Elderthewelder Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Everett, Washington
    After a hard day scrounging some big leaf maple, decided to fire up the pellet grill/smoker ( less than a month old) and cook a couple Angus T Bones

These things were thick, fed my family of 4 no problem. Granted the wife and 11 year old eat like birds;em
    Was shooting for medium rare, but came out more on the medium side. Still on the learning curve with the grill

Would of loved to buy the new Englander pellet grill/smoker but was a little out of my price range. got a killer deal in a Green Mountian Daniel Boone model

Usually I use it in the back yard, but tonight just rolled it outside the garage (where I keep it) and fired it up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ScotO, DevilsBrew and Jack Straw like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Oh great. Now I go to bed hungry. :confused:
    ScotO likes this.
  3. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    That looks like some fine eats there:cool:
  4. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

heck, Im at work and haven't eaten yet! dang, looks good!

Got a pellet grill myself- takes a bit to master, but you get better as time goes by....makes smoking much easier than traditional methods as well....no water.....a few tricks to learn- you really get to know your temps well!

Great looking meal, Elder!
  5. DevilsBrew

DevilsBrew Minister of Fire

I've been cutting back on beef and this thread is making me regret that decision.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Atta boy, Elder.....We did the same thing on the keyhole firepit last night. Had some good friends over for T-bones and even did a couple dozen firepit hotwings......all cooked over some nice fresh applewood splits.....

Nothing like a smoked steak!
  7. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    I did a couple of REALLY thick T-Bones on the BGE last nite. 600::F open top, two minutes (each side) to sear. Then two minutes closed top (each side) for medium rare & PERFECTAMENTE! Hannaford had em for $4.99 per Lb as long as they last. I may swing by on the way home to see if they've lasted this long...Gotta grab more!
    Elderthewelder and ScotO like this.