Taco circulator question 010 versus 012

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorsuchmill

Mar 14, 2008
Central MD
The Tarm installation diagram specs a Taco 010; however, I already have a relatively new Taco 012 pump from a prior boiler layout. Do you see any problem using the 012 instead of the 010? It would save me $200 if I don't have to buy new. As far as I can tell, both pumps are rated at 1/8 hp.

Thanks.

the 0012 moves a LOT of water.. possibly too much. Check the pump curves on taco's website and decide from there.

Also, do you have the flanges for the 0012? If not, be aware they are NOT, I repeat, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME as the rest of the 00 series.. I've got the part number for them kicking around somewhere..... I learned this from firsthand mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.