Taking the chill off tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSNovi

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
May 12, 2010
Michigan
I had a small fire going this evening but I loaded it up for an overnight burn. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350350082.677942.jpg

Thanks. When the rack is loaded with wood it is a little tight on that side. A corner install would have provided a lot of room, but I wanted to be able to use the side door.

Other than that I am pretty happy with it. The closet on the right is nice.

Nice looking setup. I did the same, just loaded up a bit for overnight. Be well

Welcome back Chris. It's nice to see that floor all settled down and finished. The stove looks great there.

Nice setup and fire.

Looks like a page out of a magazine....nice

Welcome back Chris. It's nice to see that floor all settled down and finished. The stove looks great there.

Thanks begreen. I have been lurking quite a bit lately. I ended screwing down every single piece of underflooring to the concrete. It turned out very solid, but it was a lot of work.

Looks Great!

Looks awesome RS!

Ray

Looks great. However, you loaded your stove for an overnight burn last night while we went to bed and left the stove cold. I did start a very small fire this morning then let it burn out. Indoor temperature this morning was 68.

Somehow I just don't understand why folks load their stoves at this time of the year. Save the wood for when it is really needed.

Yup I'd be baked if I loaded the stove! A few small splits take the chill off for the whole day this time of year here..

Ray

Unfortunately this is the only season which I can fully heat my house with the stove in the basement so I don't need to turn the furnace on. The rest of the winter I just use it to heat the basement when we are down there so the fires are actually smaller.

That stinks RS! Time to move that beautiful stove into the living room where it can do the most good!

Ray

I have been dreaming about getting some wood heat in the living room. I currently have ZC fireplace with gas logs in an alcove. It would be nice to have some efficient wood burner in its place.

I have been dreaming about getting some wood heat in the living room. I currently have ZC fireplace with gas logs in an alcove. It would be nice to have some efficient wood burner in its place.
Sounds like a plan to me.. You'll stay warm, enjoy seeing a fire in a nice looking stove and save money.. My cellar gets cold but I don't live there so the living room made sense for me.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.