Taking wood from the side of the highway in CT?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I-91 South between Wallingford and North Haven. Major DOT tree trimming this past week. I saw tons of fellow wood burners hauling it away with pickups and trailers. There must have been at least 4 or 5 rigs grabbing wood. Wish I was not working and could stop...

A guy at work was prosecuted by a private land owner for taking firewood from the roadside. He thought the county cut the tree. The land owner cut the whole tree up and was returning to get another load and found this guy working on his third load. The land owner refused to work it out when the cop arrived. The guy from work was found guilty of criminal trespassing and had to pay some fines.

Ooogly boogly. Interesting, but that was a bit harsh of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.