Tapatalk users, a request

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Tapatalk folks: Please go to the app settings and set the signature line to None so that the forum posts are not filled with the default Tapatalk signature line - Tapatalk: Sent from my iPhone (SMG900A, etc.) You can get to the app settings by going to the app's home page or Notification page, then click on the menu icon (3 vertical dots) in the upper right of the screen. Then look for "Signature" and tap that to change the signature to none.

Reactions: 2ndburn
Just updated mine. For my version it was a little different. Go to "Me" -> Settings -> Signature

You can turn it off or change it from there.

Hopefully it worked.

Enviro Boston 1700

So bossy.
Actually just a test

Ha, I was guilty too. That's what prompted me to figure out how to turn it off.

Tapatalk folks: Please go to the app settings and set the signature line to None so that the forum posts are not filled with the default Tapatalk signature line - Tapatalk: Sent from my iPhone (SMG900A, etc.) You can get to the app settings by going to the app's home page or Notification page, then click on the menu icon (3 vertical dots) in the upper right of the screen. Then look for "Signature" and tap that to change the signature to none.
Ok done deed and now testing

I thought you guys were just bragging, with that ''Sent from my Icon XPS 3900 7.5 Ultra plus'' crap. ;);lol

Note that there is a signature line feature in the forum software that is configurable in one's Hearth.com account settings.

Reactions: RAD418
Note that there is a signature line feature in the forum software that is configurable in one's Hearth.com account settings.

I haven't been seeing signature lines lately. There turned on in my preferences. Are they lost with the phone format?

Yes, they are missing when viewed on the little screen. I see your sig fine when on the computer.

if you turn your phone sideways, you can see them on the mini screens sometimes.

Reactions: Ashful
Does the Tapatalk just allow you to dictate text? Any other benefits? I seldom look at the forums on my phone, but thought I'd ask. I guess if I have to go mobile I'll need a Windows tablet and a backpack; This 5" Android ain't gettin' it at all. ;hm
@begreen, in your next PSA I think you should include a threat of corporal punishment for not having your stove in your signature. ;)

Last edited:
Does the Tapatalk just allow you to dictate text? Any other benefits? I seldom look at the forums on my phone, but thought I'd ask. I guess if I have to go mobile I'll need a Windows tablet and a backpack; This 5" Android ain't gettin' it at all. ;hm
@begreen, in your next PSA I think you should include a threat of corporal punishment for not having your stove in your signature. ;)
taptalk is great for getting updates to threads sooner then when you get to home pc. I work outside and really like getting quick updates to interesting threads in many other forum sites in other interesting forums such as truck sites and list goes on

Reactions: Woody Stover
You'll have to speak to the corporal about that.

if you turn your phone sideways, you can see them on the mini screens sometimes.

Not here. No big deal. I can still see it under user information if I desire.

It has nothing to do with talk to text. Its just a low data usage forum viewer with notifications. I don't use it as much as I use to since websites have become more mobile friendly.

Took my a long time to try it. Now I use it all the time. Easier to use than a browser on my phone and uses less data.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.