Tarm back-logged

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck172

Minister of Fire
Apr 24, 2008
Sussex County, NJ
I was supposed to get my Solo40 this week. Seems like there will be a delay, Denmark can't keep up with the demand. Two more weeks. Tarm said they are selling like hot-cakes, and they will give a free gallon of maple syrup with it.

chuck172 said:
I was supposed to get my Solo40 this week. Seems like there will be a delay, Denmark can't keep up with the demand. Two more weeks. Tarm said they are selling like hot-cakes, and they will give a free gallon of maple syrup with it.

I only got a half gallon with mine!

I was afraid of that and knew I'd need most of the summer to do my install (or at least a big chunk of it) so I went right up and got mine they day I saw the heating oil pass the $4.20/gallon.

Glad I didn't wait, but I suspect there is still plenty of time for those waiting to get one before the winter.

Mine is also on a two week delay,I didn't ask about the syrup but I think I will.I know I will need all the time I can get for the install.

Yeah, I ordered mine 3 days before the sale ended (May 12th) and gave them the required deposit. I didn’t hear anything from them until Wednesday of this week when I got a letter providing me with the balance that I owed. I called them the following morning (yesterday) to make arrangements for delivery. Travis said that there were a couple of containers expected on the 16th. I assume he meant the intermodal shipping containers that we see everywhere. He said that mine could be shipped that day or within a day or two after the containers arrived. I’m getting kind of antsy. When did you guys order?

Ron

I ordered mine about the last day of the sale, but I got the 60, not the 40. He did tell me if I hadn't wanted a 40 I would have needed to wait a bit for it. I got nervous and picked it up the next day ahead of (my) schedule just in case.

I didn't get the impression that they were the type of organization that would take orders they couldn't fill and every interaction I have had with them has been top notch, so my guess is that they will make good on all their orders.

I agree 100% that they seem to be a top notch company and I’m certainly not complaining. I’m just anxious to get it. I also ordered the 60 but I’m too far away to pick it up. Besides I qualify for the free shipping so even if I were closer I would have still waited for them to deliver it.

Ron

I ordered mine on May 6.So far very happy with Tarm customer service,but also anxious to get going on the install.

I just got word today that the solar panels I had ordered (which have been back ordered for a few months now will be delayed a few more weeks. It seems as they say that worldwide demand is responsible. Ironically, it seems like oil is plentiful, alternative energy devices are not.

Mike

Recieved my Tarm yesterday,all unloaded and ready to install,also recieved a s.s.liner.Now the fun begins.

I ordered a Tarm Solo 40 on May12. I just got word it will be arriving here This Monday June 23.
Not a bad wait, I needed the time to rough it in.

I called Tarm today to schedule pick-up of my boiler and they said 3 containers of boilers had just arrived today. They have "maybe" a couple Solo 60's not spoken for in the whole shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.