Tarm Solo door gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
Looks like I have to replace my upper door gasket. Anyone ever have to do this before? Do I need to just use gasket rope from the hardware store or order replacements from Tarm? Any tips on replacing the gasket would be appreciated?

Had to do that for my EKO once as the hardware store didn't carry a rope big enough in diameter. Maybe you can talk to a rep and find out the size you really need?? I ended up using hi temp silicone to coat my gasket so I never have to replace the rope but I do have to keep an eye on the silicone.

I replaced the rope gasket on the upper door of my EKO with the silicone encased ones on the third year. I simply ran out of adjustment on the door and these seal better too. I would call Brian at x103. Took about 30" and that was taking door off as well to lay it on workbench.

Thanks for the info. Is this pretty simple to do and should I do the lower door now at te same time?

lawandorder said:
Thanks for the info. Is this pretty simple to do and should I do the lower door now at te same time?

It only took me about 30 minutes. I don't think you will necessarily need to do the lower door but ask the Tarm guy when you call.

Status
Not open for further replies.