1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Tassimo coffee maker

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Giles, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Giles

Giles Member

Loc:
    N.W. Alabama
    I have a BOSCH Tassimo Coffee Maker that cost over $100.00. For those who are not familiar, it makes individual cups from a small packet.
    Anyway, it stopped working and I called the company.
    The rep asked for identification numbers on the bottom of maker, asked what the problem was and asked how long I had owned it. I stated "two or three years"
    After a brief wait, he asked my name and mailing address. I asked "what for"? and he informed me that they take care of customers and will send me a NEW maker and all they require is that I send them the old one and they pay postage!
    Just refreshing to have some customer service in today's market.
    Ooh--this maker is made in Germany

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    This is good to know. We have one as well. It is the greatest freaking thing ever. I can't even drink Starbucks or other so-called fancy coffee shop drinks without thinking about how much better mine is!

Maxwell house sells two of my favorite T-disks. One is Caramel Latte Macchiato and the other is just a regular Latte Espresso. They are sooooo good.

what sort of problems did you have with yours? I have only had to clean mine once since we got it, and also i found that if it starts being really weird, that if you clean the little lense that reads the T-disk barcode, that it can help a lot. this thing cost more than I've ever spent on a coffee maker, but it is sooooo worth it.
  3. Giles

Giles Member

Loc:
    N.W. Alabama
    The problem was that I was making a cup of coffee and coffee was spilling all over counter. Lucky for me I was close by so I quickly shut it off. Upon cleanup, I noticed a small tear in the disk beside the punched discharge hole.
    After this it would not heat and would not shut off--continued to dispense water.

Sometimes when it failed to work, I would simply run my finger across the barcode reader and it would work.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Quality customer service . . . something that some companies do very well at . . . and others fall flat on their face.

If I drank coffee this would make me take a pretty good look at this company.