Taylor 9940n Thermometer Alerts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

10range

Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2010
Northern Indiana
I just recently installed a Taylor 9940n thermometer on my boiler line before the heat exchanger to monitor the temperature coming in from the boiler. My understanding is that this unit can be used to turn on and off different controls. What I would like to do is set up the thermometer so it can sound a buzzer when the input temperature falls below or goes above the temps that I usually run the water at. In looking at the manual it appears this should be possible but with my limited electronics experience I have not idea what components I need or how to set this up. Any advice or can someone point be in the direction of the components I would need?

I have the technical manual, I can email it to you if you PM me your email address. It describes how to wire the unit for alarms, remote reset, and a few other functions.

you need to have a basic understanding of industrial controls to do this. It's not difficult, but requires a bit of soldering and wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.