Tea pots that smell good

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BrianT

Dec 12, 2017
Hyrum, UT
what do you all put in your pots to make it smell good in the house?

I’ve so far explored some menthol, pine needles, and potpourri. All of which smell nice and last a while. Curious what others use.

Here are some to try if you want.

citrus peels, like orange, lemon

cinnamon sticks, cloves, pine needles,

or just some store bought popori (how the hell do you spell that word???)

Cinnamon sticks were a good go to for me. Fair warning for any of this stuff is don’t let the pot go dry. It will negate any of the good smell you were trying to produce.;sick

Nobody knows how to spell it, and grammar nazis will never correct you. But every person who reads something close knows what you meant.
So true bro

we have just been throwing our mint tea bags into the fire :)

Normally we don't have a pot on the stove, but I am going to try some ideas. We have a huge bay tree, so lots of bay leaves are easy to come by. We also have a grand fir tree which has the best smelling needles. If you crush them it smells like a freshly peeled orange. Will try these individually to see how it works.

we don't have a tea pot, but we have the humidifier. We have really hard water, so we have to be careful about letting it go dry or we will end up with a lot of crusties... last year during a party we had, we did load it up with peppermint leaves, that smelled nice!

Potpourri . . .

Imitation vanilla about 1/8 teaspoon or more for a stronger smell. Sometimes a touch all spice. seprate.

The grand fir test was a big success. The house smells very Christmassy.

Finally found an old cast iron kettle. Cleaned it up with some cooking oil, trying for first time. Didn't want to set it directly on stove but no stand so improvised with an old horseshoe. We will see how it goes....

Tea pots that smell good

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ridemgis
I recently cleaned up a rusty old Wagner kettle I found at grandmas house. I have been filling with water cloves and cinnamon it smells great.