1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

? Tee section just sits on the support and first vertical not locked?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Brian, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Brian

Brian New Member

Loc:
    Long Island,NY
    OK,heres the rub...After opening the box to my wall support kit and getting cut immediatly LOL,I read the directions and it states insert the adapter into the stove pipe and insert onto the tee support.The female side is on the bottom the support...This is for the cap or a 12 inch with cap...Why doesn't the first vertical get locked in?Is this to allow for pitch on the horizontal that runs to it?I just find it weird that everything else is like fort knox and this critucal area relies on the weight of the chimney pipe...Any previous experience or advice would help ease my mind,Thanks! Oh ps,it's made by selkirk(super vent) from lowes!!! Just bought a bad ass Hearthstone shelburne to hook it up to...Getting psyched,Can't wait to get it going!Thanks for the help in advance!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Nickolai

Nickolai Member

Loc:
    Western Ontario
    I'm just looking at old pictures of the last selkirk chimney I installed and I can't seem to see any piece that is not secured...could you post a picture maybe? Or maybe I'm missing something, can't recall having this issue, well other than cutting my hands
  3. Brian

Brian New Member

Loc:
    Long Island,NY
    I just looked at an old selkirk video on you tube...The way it's in the exploded diagram in the directions looks backward from the obvious way that makes sense to me which would be the correct way,with the female section of the base facing upward...I'm gonna go play with it now!!!I'lll be back LOL
  4. Brian

Brian New Member

Loc:
    Long Island,NY
    OK,sorry for the confusing posts....I was confused,The TEE will sit on the support with the aid of the adapter,which is not locked in..The chimney sections going up are all twisted in....