Tekmar 156 Difference Setpoint Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJP Electric

Jul 3, 2008
N. New Hampshire
I've got one but it isn't installed yet so I can't tell how it works yet.

I ordered one today too, I have been scratching my head trying to figure out how to incorporate it to work with the RK-2001 controller. let me know how you do.

Here is the brochure

RJP, do you have a piping diagram for your setup?

RJP Electric said:
Is there anyone using the Difference Setpoint 156 Control . I was reading the lower part of this post here and would like something automatic for tank charging when fire goes out.

Bob

I don't know how you're plumbed, but it seems like you could use the Tekmar controller to generate a 'storage demand' signal. For instance, if you used the circulator output of the Tekmar to drive a 110vac relay, the relay contacts could be interpreted the same way as any other thermostat contacts, telling you that the storage zone was demanding heat.

If you wanted to get a bit fancier, you could add another relay to interrupt that signal if other 'real' zones are calling for heat.

If you're plumbed primary / secondary, you could just drive the storage charging circulator off the Tekmar directly.

Good options thanks NF. I do have 2 loops, one from the tank to the existing boiler and one from the tank to the wood boiler, that circulator is connected to the RK-2001. I just don't want to loose the safety features. The best way I think is when it goes into "no fuel" mode it closes a set of relays in the RK-2001, when that is activated perhaps I should send a signal to the Tekmar somehow.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.