Tell Me Why You Chose Pellet Over a Wood Stove or Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much ash does one ton of pellets produce?
Well mine "guarantee" .5% so 2,000# *.005 = 10#. I would say it is very close to say the least. I have gone through almost a whole ton and have not yet replaced my shopvac bag. I have used that shopvac exclusively to clean the stove so it can't be far off.​
DSC_1033.JPG

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Several reasons. Ease of use, thermostat operation, cleaner, no more worrying about guality of wood or termites. I retired a year ago and don't want to deal with carrying in arm loads of firewood when I'm 70 or 80 yrs old. My wife has had a few carpal tunnel surgeries and can't carry or grasp heavy items well. We have scorpions, black widows, skunks and rattle snakes here and they love wood piles. Bark scorpions are nasty little beggars, at least a black widow warns you of their presence with a web. Overall a pellet stove was the right choice for us. We dealt with a fireplace for 40 yrs and we love our pellet stove. Our home is a 1550 sqft ranch in the California foothills and our Enviro Mini does the job well for us. Nights can get into the low 20's or lower. Looks like we will use about 1.5 tons this season.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Ease of use as others have stated. I work 12 hour rotating shifts and a pellet stove is much easier for the wife to operate than loading a wood stove. So because of that we are pulling out our Freedom insert this spring and installing a Mt Vernon AE.

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.