1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Tell Me Why You Chose Pellet Over a Wood Stove or Insert

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Malatu, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Thaddius Wenderoth

Thaddius Wenderoth Feeling the Heat

Well mine "guarantee" .5% so 2,000# *.005 = 10#. I would say it is very close to say the least. I have gone through almost a whole ton and have not yet replaced my shopvac bag. I have used that shopvac exclusively to clean the stove so it can't be far off.​
    [​IMG]
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Under 20 pounds normally.
  3. 7521

7521 New Member

Loc:
    California sierras
    Several reasons. Ease of use, thermostat operation, cleaner, no more worrying about guality of wood or termites. I retired a year ago and don't want to deal with carrying in arm loads of firewood when I'm 70 or 80 yrs old. My wife has had a few carpal tunnel surgeries and can't carry or grasp heavy items well. We have scorpions, black widows, skunks and rattle snakes here and they love wood piles. Bark scorpions are nasty little beggars, at least a black widow warns you of their presence with a web. Overall a pellet stove was the right choice for us. We dealt with a fireplace for 40 yrs and we love our pellet stove. Our home is a 1550 sqft ranch in the California foothills and our Enviro Mini does the job well for us. Nights can get into the low 20's or lower. Looks like we will use about 1.5 tons this season.
    SmokeyTheBear likes this.
  4. Dgopetactical

Dgopetactical Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    York County, Pa
    X2
  5. CT-Mike

CT-Mike Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New England
    Ease of use as others have stated. I work 12 hour rotating shifts and a pellet stove is much easier for the wife to operate than loading a wood stove. So because of that we are pulling out our Freedom insert this spring and installing a Mt Vernon AE.
    DexterDay likes this.