Temp? Set and forget or up and down?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a set back thermostat. I drop it to 64 at night. At 5 AM it goes to 70, 10 AM drops to 68, 4 PM up to 70 and drops down to 64 at 10 PM. I also have a Harman, so if you need help connecting just ask.

Tom C.

Both. Set & forget unless the temps drop, then I might turn the
P61A to "Stove Temp" high so that I can get the adjoining room warmer
& not have to burn any LP in the QVI-30 FPI. The P43 stays at "Room
Temp" (60) all the time...

Wifey set it last fall, near as I can tell it's been forgot ever since

Up until this year. I was set and forget. But that was just with the Freestanding Quad.

With the addition of the Pellet furnace, I am experimenting. But.....

If its above 40°, we shut it down because of our Solar Gain. House is about 64° when I get home. Fire the furnace up and we're at 73° in about 2 hrs.

If I didnt have the extra BTU's available. I would still be set and forget.

By the time the Wife gets home, its toasty for her and the baby. Then when she leaves in the morning, she shuts it (Quad and/or Fahrenheit) down.

As for running the stove constantly. There are quite a few safeties on todays stoves. Depends on your comfort level. But I worry more about my Dryer running while not at home.

I guess I just need to wait until I get it installed, I am only heating about 1000 sq feet, so it probably wouldn't take long to get the temp back up if I lower it. But it seems to make sense to limit the temperature swing to only a few degrees instead of 10 or so.

Thank you for all the replies I greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.