Temperature control for BK Princess fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hiko

Jun 22, 2019
Maryland
Hi,

I purchased the following temperature controlled switch to control the fan of my BK Princess. It’s not able to control the speed of the fan but is turning it on and off based on a set temperature. I put the temperature probe above the fan deck and set it to 47 C on and 45 C off. Working well so far.

Reactions: EbS-P
Hi,

I purchased the following temperature controlled switch to control the fan of my BK Princess. It’s not able to control the speed of the fan but is turning it on and off based on a set temperature. I put the temperature probe above the fan deck and set it to 47 C on and 45 C off. Working well so far.

Doesn't your fan already have a temp switch to turn it on and off? I thought all princesses did.

Doesn't your fan already have a temp switch to turn it on and off? I thought all princesses did.
Others can chime in, but mine doesn’t seem to have a temp switch for the fan. I’m not seeing this in the manual either.

Btw, I set the temperatures based on the corresponding cat activity/inactivity.

I believe that only the older ones, like mine, have the thermal switch. Cost savings I guess. I really like having a thermal cutoff to prevent the thing from running all day after the stove cools.

I believe that only the older ones, like mine, have the thermal switch. Cost savings I guess. I really like having a thermal cutoff to prevent the thing from running all day after the stove cools.
Most, me included find the blower to continue running for a very long time after the stove is very cool. With the deep belly the coals allow it to run a long time after it should have shut off. It’s just not as useful on these stoves as others and they decided to eliminate it.