Temperature is Dropping Fast, How Are the Temps Where You Are?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
90 F here with 90% humidity. I'm working in West Africa. Wife says it is toasty warm with the stove going. So jelous! I can't wait to get home where it's cold so I can warm up. :cheese:

It's 16 deg and calm right now just before 6 AM. Running stove on high to boost temp quickly to daytime setting. Brrr.

The thermometer was at 0°F this morning, we are hoping to get almost to freezing on Sunday before the temps head down again. It looks like the snow on the ground will likely stay till spring.

7:00 AM
20F
No wind
Telford, PA

Temperature in house coming up from 55F setback last night. A bit chilly in here this morning.

Program the oil tstat to come on for 1 hr 6-7am, then the Big E tstat to turn on the stove at 7am. I run it in on/off mode but set temp to 80 and adjust house temperature with the setting on the stove, usually 1-2.

Weekdays shut stove down at 8pm. Weekends shut stove down at 10pm. We are early to bed early to rise.

My outdoor remote says it's 37F, but it reads high. I'll bet there is ice on my windshield.

The old Trail Blazer has been running all night on low, 67F inside. That's a bit chilly to me, so I just cranked it up to medium.

This is the first "cool" night we have seen this year. The lows have been in the mid 40's until now.

By morning it's supposed to get down to 12*, with wind -4*. Nice and toast inside, 73*. No snow in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.