temperature sensors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesx

Feb 18, 2009
WI
Question, where to get temp sensors assemblies for flue gas ect, not the stick on magnetic types pyrometer type or similar that can be installed to moniter true flue gas temp? Thanks.

Is there a difference between catalytic and non-catalytic probes?

I found this deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/Catalytic-Thermometer-for-Dutchwest-Woodstoves-3-142_W0QQitemZ200267262342QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item200267262342&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

I'm having trouble finding a non-catalytic probe though. My stove does NOT have a catalyst, but isn't temperature the same no matter what's going on down in the box?

WES999 said:
See my post, 6 posts down.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/31127/

It may be a bit more elaborate than what you are looking for, but there are some significant advantages to a
digital monitor with a alarm.

PM me if you have any questions.

This fella, WES999, made me one. I've been using it for one day and like it alot!
When I reload, it's easy for me to forget the flue bypass and I overfire the flue.
This things reminded me twice already before it got too hot.
It'll add years back on to my life. No more, "OH OH the stove!."

i plan on installing a thermocouple and a display to my stack with a high and low sound warning - figure the low sound will tell me when to feed the stove and the high will warn of over firing

"Monitor and control temperature in heating with the Series TCS Thermocouple Switch."

figure the parts should be here in a week or so

TCS_pic.jpg

Stevebass4 said:
i plan on installing a thermocouple and a display to my stack with a high and low sound warning - figure the low sound will tell me when to feed the stove and the high will warn of over firing

"Monitor and control temperature in heating with the Series TCS Thermocouple Switch."

figure the parts should be here in a week or so

TCS_pic.jpg

Where did you order this from, and what does it cost?

i'm in the sensor business and one of my customer's is a rep for the company that makes these devices along with the thermocouples - my cost (with his discount) is around $60.00 - not too sure what the retail cost is

Status
Not open for further replies.