"Temporary" Hearth Height Modification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

neverstop

Feeling the Heat
Oct 11, 2020
new hampshire
I'm looking to increase the height of my stove off of the hearth for 2 reasons. The main being I want to get rid of an adjustable elbow I have coming out of the rear exit, and the secondary being a better view of the fire and easier adding of wood.

I want to test out the setup before I commit to brick/mortar work. My hearth is brick/mortar and stove is located on the main floor (above the basement). I bought (4) of these retaining wall caps to achieve the required height addition I'm looking for. Does anyone see a problem with using these to increase the height of the stove off the hearth?

If I like the setup I'd probably commit to the brick work after this burning season is over, so "temporary" in this case is multiple months.

Raise it up!

1695833425029.png