1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Test the Exhaust Blower Fan 25 Pvdc

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kenstogie, Nov 28, 2012.

1. kenstogie

kenstogie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Albany (ish)
    So I got a used 25 Pvdc and installed it. All has been well until yesterday morning I wake to notice the E-1 Code. Fire it up again last night and E-2 then E-1 Code. Not entirely sure the exhaust fan is working as the flame looks less "constant" and more "flickery." but to be honest this stove has never been quiet so it not as easy to tell as I'd thought.

How do I test the exhaust fan?? Must be a jumper wire or something but don't want to randomly hook up wires.

I did a search as I know there is a thread on it somewhere but finding it is tough. Kind of a good problem as this forum has sooooo much info on it :)

PS I have already printed out the wiring diagram.
    http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/wiring_your_pellet_unit_pucb04.html

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Harvey Schneider

Harvey Schneider Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southbury, CT
    There is a test mode that allows you to turn functions on and off from the control panel. Instructions are on the ESW website.

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/diagnostic_mode04.html

I am not sure that you could get it to ignite if the blower wasn't working, in fact it wouldn't feed pellets if there wasn't enough vacuum to satisfy the switch. I believe that E-1 indicates a vacuum loss. I had this happen intermittently when the tube running to the switch was leaky. E-2 indicates failure to start and could be a result of the E-1.
    kenstogie likes this.
  3. kenstogie

kenstogie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Albany (ish)
    wow thats too easy! thanks