Thanks from the recipients of donor stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

the Century 2700 that members donated money to purchase resides in the Ken Brady household. He called me ecstatic that the stove better than he ever imagined and wants to thanK all that helped his family

the EX marine I gave and installed the red NC encore has been burning it flawlessly. No problems and functioning fine In fact he claims it to burn longer than his old Encore.

Cath we need an update as to how your winter warm is working out and a report using the bio bricks

The Burndrtt's are real happy with the used Lopi Freedom Insert, Keyman and I installed never believed a wood stove could produce this kind of heat

Steve Bass I have to check with my wife to see what is planned to help out your friend this weekend You still have my cell ##

That little Century stove is one nice little stove. Im sitting right next to mine all nice and toasty. Debating on whether to light up the "big gun" yet. Supposed to be getting warm again next week. Might just stick with the little guy for now.

Thanks Elk :) i'm going to check my cell to see if i still have it

The thanks should go to you for getting it done....
I'll be in NC by sunday.... Elk You gotta see the pics of the fireplace in the house I'm renting but I'll post them later..

GVA said:
The thanks should go to you for getting it done....
I'll be in NC by sunday.... Elk You gotta see the pics of the fireplace in the house I'm renting but I'll post them later..

The full and final move, GVA? If so - hope everything went well with it - post those picures soon! If things work out - I'll be heading deep into rebel territory to help my my parents move into SC from GA in the next month or so- any good places to stop and have a beer along the way?

I was talking to Keyman the other night .We all wanted to hoist a few before GVA left but It never materialized .

GVA did you get to keep the stove and move it down with you? boy am I going to miss that Eggnog.

have you lined up work down there yet? Well if we do a few more, I know a few recruits that have expressed interest in joining the ranks

Harley I got a good fisher stove here that is UL listed waiting for a familly

Wow this was buried..
Harley what part of SC?
Places to stop for beer.......Hmmm this is the south I think there's a Hooters on every block ;-P

Elk The stove is still in Mass.
Start work tommorrow.
Eggnog..... I brought a couple of cases with me..If you want I MAY be able to have a couple of bottles left for you at the distribution center in Norwood.

Things during last week were just so hectic I didn't have time to get anything accomplished other than loading the truck and junking anything that didn't fit.
I'll post the pics in a new thread later.... maybe this weekend.
It was great to work with you guys...

GVA said:
Harley what part of SC?

Little river... pretty close to the NC border, along the intracoastal waterway.

Hope you get settled in soon there..... don't forget the pics.

Was on Craigslist earlier tonight, found the following, I know nothing about this beyond what it says in the add, but from the text might be a donor candidate...

donald 978-851-4210
NEED WOOD STOVE very reasonable or free WOULD BE BETTER :
ANY SEASONED WOULD WOULD BE HELPFUL ALSO :
temporarily underemployed older disabled veteran needs to be warm this winter,,

I have fireplace so i can use the chimney

could use stove insert with blower :

or free standing air tight stove :

Suggestions :
Help needed for installation yes help Riggers or strong backs.

Would you be willing to donate time talent ,,to help install once i have a stove that is ??

thank you very much for reading this request
donald 978-851-4210

Gooserider

Sorry the fisher stove is now gone ,its found a home but I do have an interesting possibility
that was presented to me when and if it materializes I can give more details Some one might get getting a damn good stove

GVa I got your new Email and Harley expect a response soon there are a couple of things brewing We may have to recruit Goose.

Keyman if you are out there, the stove is still sitting in my shed

what type and how much - i'm thinking of adding a second stove in the basement to heat the floors and what's the eggnog GVA is talking about ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.