Thanks to Gamma on the beer tip

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveswoodhauler

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 20, 2008
Massachusetts
Well, I am hooked on this "Dogfish Head 60 min IPA"
Man, this is a good beer.
Oh well, thats all Ive got to say.

You gots to try Hex by Magic Hat......friggin good stuff, Dave.....
I am partaking in some Heineken dark right now, can't get my friggin Dogfish Head in this area again...WTFF? :mad:
Glad you likey it....it's friggin expensive though.....its worth it... :coolsmile:
Oh well, thats all Ive got to say...
:lol:

Yuppers, was pricey...likey like $11 bucks for a 6 pack.
Heading down to the BIG liquor store about 10 miles away and gonna stock up.
One of the smoother IPA's I have had....and I seem to drink a lot of IPA's......maybe the MRs's will like this one

Yup. I got turned onto the stuff last Feb. at the Chainsaw Rendezvous in Ridgway, PA. Musta drank about 8-10 every night at a great little pub on the main drag. Fairly potent stuff, but it hard to stop drinking it it's so good. Thankfully I had Lady BK as DD so we could get back to the motel room safely. Live music on week days, $3/bottle for premium beer, $7 for the best frickin' jumbo burgers I ever had in my life... I should move there just for the pubs.

I think you had a rough week Dave....so indulge in the 60... :ahhh:
I got lost in the big big city of Tunkhannock today....for about an hour....yeah, I think there is only one red light in the whole city.....I was friggin lookin for the TSC...dammit...no I did not find it...so much for the "newfangled handheld devices" pieces of chit...with so called navigation...
and...
half of my office called in sick today....and I am coming down with the friggin funk now....bahstardz... >:-(

GAMMA RAY said:
I got lost in the big big city of Tunkhannock today....for about an hour....yeah, I think there is only one red light in the whole city.....I was friggin lookin for the TSC...dammit...no I did not find it...so much for the "newfangled handheld devices" pieces of chit...with so called navigation...
and...
half of my office called in sick today....and I am coming down with the friggin funk now....bahstardz... >:-(
Actually, had a pretty good week.
Some good folks form this lovely forum got my generator up and running, and jags walked me through reformatting my hard drive last week so the lovely Mrs's can get her xmas shopping done....so all in all its been a good week and glad to be on the forum...just with you all lived closer as I would have one cool set of friends.
BTW, next town over just opened a TSC...how awesome is that...
Well, gotta get the little guys bath done and get the other buggers to bed.

Dogfish makes the best beers. I enjoy the 90 and 120 minn IPA, Salo Palto, Rasion D'Etre and India brown are awesome as well. Far and away my favorite brewery. Southern Tier- out of NY - Double IPA is good as well.

GAMMA RAY said:
and...
Only our own GAMMA would be shopping for a TSC. Does Mr Gamma have any idea what he has? I love it. ;-P

tfdchief said:
GAMMA RAY said:
and...
Only our own GAMMA would be shopping for a TSC. Does Mr Gamma have any idea what he has? I love it. ;-P

One day I am shopping at Ulta for makeup and hair care products and the next day I am at the tractor supply store....
WTF is going on here? It's you people that have a good influence on me.... ;-)
I am just stoked as hell that I have not 1 but 2 TSC's in my area....it don't get better than that! :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
tfdchief said:
GAMMA RAY said:
and...

One day I am shopping at Ulta for makeup and hair care products and the next day I am at the tractor supply store....
WTF is going on here? It's you people that have a good influence on me.... ;-)
I am just stoked as hell that I have not 1 but 2 TSC's in my area....it don't get better than that! :lol:

I'd just about kill for a TSC !!!

daveswoodhauler said:
One of the smoother IPA's I have had....and I seem to drink a lot of IPA's......maybe the MRs's will like this one

That beer is something special. You can go darker/lighter/stronger whatever but if someone is curious about checking out beer that's the one I recommend. Its the perfect landmark and I always go back to it.

btuser said:
daveswoodhauler said:

Thanks for the quote , lol

GAMMA RAY said:
I am partaking in some Heineken dark right now, can't get my friggin Dogfish Head in this area again...WTFF? :mad:
:coolsmile:

Then stop telling everybody about it! Now you've got me worried.

GAMMA RAY said:
! :lol:

Our opened a couple of years ago. Love to shop supplies and always enjoy both the manly clientele and the very helpful staff ;-)

daveswoodhauler said:

Holly Cow! It better go to work for me in the A.M.!

smokinjay said:
daveswoodhauler said:

Yeah, Jay, a 36er of Boxer is only about 4 bucks more than that!!!
The beer frig in the mancave is always stocked with Boxer for Mr Gamma.... ;-)
Maybe I will convert....and save some $$$
I give Boxer another chance today....

GAMMA RAY said:
smokinjay said:
daveswoodhauler said:

Yeah, Jay, a 36er of Boxer is only about 4 bucks more than that!!!
The beer frig in the mancave is always stocked with Boxer for Mr Gamma.... ;-)
Maybe I will convert....and save some $$$
I give Boxer another chance today....

It works this way at my place as well. The stuff she drinks taste nothing like beer. (I don't want to know the price either). There really need another category for some of those fruity beers.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
GAMMA RAY said:

Our opened a couple of years ago. Love to shop supplies and always enjoy both the manly clientele and the very helpful staff ;-)

Do you mean Ulta or TSC Kat? :lol:
There was a gentleman working in Ulta the other day offering to assist me in picking out some different shades of makeup....plus he offered to give me a free makeover.... :-S I declined because I did not like the way his makeup was applied...not that there is anything wrong with that now... :smirk:
I guess he just thought I was in need of a new look...dammit... :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
~*~Kathleen~*~ said:
GAMMA RAY said:

Do you mean Ulta or TSC Kat? :lol:
There was a gentleman working in Ulta the other day offering to assist me in picking out some different shades of makeup....plus he offered to give me a free makeover.... :-S I declined because I did not like the way his makeup was applied...not that there is anything wrong with that now... :smirk:
I guess he just thought I was in need of a new look...dammit... :lol:

I let a nice lady with an adam's apple help me pick out a shade of lipstick one time. I don't wear it much so I figured who better to help me on that one. She chose well. (she works behind the makeup counter, wasn;t just a random transgender person walking by or anything)

ETA something about BEER - I'm with you on the dogfish head.
and yeah, the "girly beers" should have their own category. Especially the fruity ones, I like Purple Haze personally.

I'd have to say I'm not a big fan of Tractor Supply, but I am thankfull they save me a few trips a month to HD. They've got some usefull items but nothing local. They opened up about 300 yards away from the local Agway that's been in business for about a zillion years. Both have chicks in the Spring, but Agway has a chick swap (that didn't come out right) I mean a chicken-swap where people can mix it up I guess. Not really sure what goes on. One store has locally crafted leather goods vs made in China belts. One store I get gum and candy bars and the other is Birch Beer and raw milk.

tickbitty said:
and yeah, the "girly beers" should have their own category. Especially the fruity ones, I like Purple Haze personally.

Purple Haze rocks......,
Here is a good suggestion....The Abita party pack....good stuff...6 different beers...Purple Haze one of them...

GAMMA RAY said:
tickbitty said:

Purple Haze rocks......,
Here is a good suggestion....The Abita party pack....good stuff...6 different beers...Purple Haze one of them...

I like the Abita stuff!
Pyramid Apricot beer is good as well, in the girly beer category.

Had my first couple of Abitas a couple of weeks ago at a Cajun place. Had the Amber. That is some good stuff.

What happened to 'Brewmasters'? I thought it was pretty entertaining, though that is the point of view from an admitted beer snob/homebrewer.

OK, what's the diffrerence between a 60 minute IPA and a 90 minute IPA? Takes longer to drink one of them? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.