tharrington insert ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acesover

Hearth Supporter
May 19, 2008
Long Island, NY
my fathers looking at an insert he saw on ebay the item number is 190226574211 please any thoughts on these stoves would be appreciated. it looks nice but have never heard of the company before.

I searched Oregon & Washington's EPA approved stove listings. Not listed on either.
If you can't find who makes em, or anything out em other than they are on ebay with a google search, I personally would steer clear.

After a lil research, it appears Tharrington is part of New Buck Corporation (Buck Stoves). I did not notice that model listed though.

It is model 74 Buck stove.

BrotherBart said:
It is model 74 Buck stove.

Where the hell were ya an hour ago? Make me look this crap up, and you coulda saved me the time. Sheesh.

Hogwildz said:
Where the hell were ya an hour ago? Make me look this crap up, and you coulda saved me the time. Sheesh.

Pokerstars.

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:

Pokerstars.

I gots to get down thar and drink with your sorry ol arse!

Get on that scooter and let's meet up down in Monroe and drink a few with some stove builders.

BrotherBart said:
Get on that scooter and let's meet up down in Monroe and drink a few with some stove builders.

That would be fantastic! But those redneck metalsmiths are heading to Cheesehead country soon, aren't they?
What part of Ginnny are ya at? North eastern by any chance. I am in central, northeast central PA.
Prolly about 3 hours to Chambersurg MD. alone.

I'kk bring some Vodka, Corie likes that yuppy Yuingling crap. ;)

Northeast. Down below Manassas. 150 miles North of Monroe. Corie is bound to be back down there by now. Heck I can climb on behind you as you come down 95. Just need a lot of pit stops. Been a few years since I was on a bike or driving truck so I know what is going to happen the first hundred miles. And I need to get a helmet. Finally tossed mine in the landfill three years ago.

Neighbor just bought a '93 SofTail that is in the shop getting checked out but he would be too scared to let me borrow it. Or I would just fall in behind you on 95.

It is his mid-life crisis bike.

BrotherBart said:
Northeast. Down below Manassas. 150 miles North of Monroe. Corie is bound to be back down there by now. Heck I can climb on behind you as you come down 95. Just need a lot of pit stops. Been a few years since I was on a bike or driving truck so I know what is going to happen the first hundred miles. And I need to get a helmet. Finally tossed mine in the landfill three years ago.

Neighbor just bought a '93 SofTail that is in the shop getting checked out but he would be too scared to let me borrow it. Or I would just fall in behind you on 95.

It is his mid-life crisis bike.

Well, the lil one is going to his dad's in WA. state for the summer, if we can get rid of the daughter now.
Better yet, I'll just come alone ;)
Not bad 4-1/2 hrs 235 miles to Manassas Much closer than I thought.

acesover said:
my fathers looking at an insert he saw on ebay the item number is 190226574211 please any thoughts on these stoves would be appreciated. it looks nice but have never heard of the company before.

Has there been any others that have experience since these posts?

Has anyone had any recent experience with Tharrington 7400 wood insert from ebay? I know this has been brought up before, there is a lot of good response from ebay buyers but wondering if anyone has had any experience with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.