That point when you don't have to worry about running out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes JA I was like yourself in 2009 I started going crazy and buying saws and trailers and even a Bobcat, and now a log splitter and got over 23 cords ahead. Last year I actually decided to sell some because I had another 8 cords ready to split. I think from now own I can slow down and just take care of the dead stuff, with all the dead ash and Oak wilt I will never be done on my 23 acres. It is nice to have truly seasoned wood. Still a lot of work just getting the wood in the house and moving from one location to another.

The house feels empty without a fire.

I feel the pain of being truckless. All this free wood on CL and I can't get any of it. WAAAHHHHH

Can't pull a trailer on my POS Saturn Vue, either

I want a truck!

You might be surprised, I used to trailer a small boat behind my Honda Accord! You just need a good hitch, and to practice backing up with the trailer on it for a good while before you try using it :)

Life changes or why you never stop scrounging when ever possible- Got blindsided by complete shut down of personal hose system Wed evening into Thur morning- ER visit required. Starting Mon. investagation/ detection work begins. Red and white cell counts elevated all other parameters within standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.