That's a lot of BTU'S

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeheat

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Damn, that's more than I have...

Wow, I'll take it sight unseen.

A little over zealous on the zero key, me thinks.

I dunno...back in the day, we had a 500 gal tank with a door welded on one end. That was the firebox, then it dumped into two 55 gallon drums to make a barrel stove type arrangement. That thing might have been 15000000btu!

I dunno...back in the day, we had a 500 gal tank with a door welded on one end. That was the firebox, then it dumped into two 55 gallon drums to make a barrel stove type arrangement. That thing might have been 15000000btu!

So the smoke traveled into one barrel, then the smoke passed into another barrel? That was probably a force to be reckoned with and probably devoured wood. Whew!!!

Ya, you would have to picture the standard 'double barrel' stove kit made from 55 gallon drums...now picture both those barrels sitting on top of a 500 gallon tank with a door on one end. It burned through wood at a pretty good clip, but when you can cut 5 foot long and leave it up to 16" diameter, you can cut wood pretty fast, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.