The Brown Blaze King-King Ultra Comes home...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram Maxim

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 25, 2007
SE Michigan
Well after a month wait for a special order, I drove 2 1/2 hrs to pick up my Brown BK King Ultra 1107. :)

I had to drive to Indiana...however I saved over $800 by shopping around.

The fire box is deep and huge! :gulp: Didn't get out the calipers yet but the top looks thick and hardy between 3/16 and 1/4 inch?

This sucker is nooooooo joke.

No wonder some of you guys said the blower sounded kinda loud.....blowers are massive.

I'm almost afraid to bring it in the house.....It may try and eat my other stove %-P

Any who, here are some pictures of my new beast. Now I have to hurry up and get my hearth pad done and my double wall installed.

Cheers,Hiram

kbrpyv.jpg

iz5kzr.jpg

2ikvebc.jpg

20i6pht.jpg

f52hkw.jpg

Pretty sure I could park my 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 in there. :lol:

Looks like you could put a half a cord in there, maybe get a 120 hour burn if you turn it down low

That thing is huge, it looks like I could curl up in there and take a nap! :lol:

Wow - that looks like one serious heating machine. Congrats!

I'm actually feeling self-conscious, looking at something that BIG. I'm gonna have to talk to a therapist before I get one. BTW- how much extra did they ding you for the brown finish, vs. standard black?

NW Fuels said:
I notice a Super Cedar firestarter in the bag. Can you tell me what the label says?
Thank You
Thomas

The one that came in my Princess the other day says "Blaze King Firestarters A unique blend of recycled cedar and highly refined wax" plus some generic directions and "Blazeking.com" at the bottom. It is identical to my case of Super Cedars (and works just as well)...

NW Fuels said:
I notice a Super Cedar firestarter in the bag. Can you tell me what the label says?
Thank You
Thomas

Clearly it says:

1.) start fire with Super Cedar using top down method

2.) engage cat at 500F

3.) reload stove some time in 2010

Hiram Maxim said:
I'm almost afraid to bring it in the house.....It may try and eat my other stove %-P

Roll it on in there. That 30 ain't afraid of it. :lol:

Beetle-Kill said:
BTW- how much extra did they ding you for the brown finish, vs. standard black?

Same Price....

They just didn't have any Kings in Brown with the options I wanted. :cheese:

Nice looking stove there Hiram!!!!! You are gonna love that thing once up and running.

It's 28 degrees here 74 in main living area still have 1/2 -3/4 box full of wood and have been loaded up since 12 PM. Opps lost a degree time to turn the T-stat up to 2.25. :cheese:

To me the fans aren't really that bad but the stove is in the basement and I keep it turned down less than half speed.

Congrats and hurry up with the install :coolsmile:

Congrats on the new stove. She's a biggin alright. Looking forward to more pictures.

BrotherBart said:
Hiram Maxim said:

Roll it on in there. That 30 ain't afraid of it. :lol:

BB,

No I'm sure that 30 could hold its own and then some :coolgrin:

It may be a few weeks but I will try and get a side by side picture before I install them both. (both waiting for new Travertine on their hearths)

The King is a monster :vampire:

The Fire box is as big if not bigger than my Masters Choice-Smoke Dragon(at rental property). Looks like you can squeeze in 2 footer's side ways...

Thanks guys,I'm seriously thrilled about this new stove.

Cheers Hiram :)

Congratulations Hiram! That definitely looks like a stout stove. Seems you are going to be heating the neighborhood with that combo of stoves. :)

learnin to burn said:
Nice looking stove there Hiram!!!!! You are gonna love that thing once up and running.

It's 28 degrees here 74 in main living area still have 1/2 -3/4 box full of wood and have been loaded up since 12 PM. Opps lost a degree time to turn the T-stat up to 2.25. :cheese:

To me the fans aren't really that bad but the stove is in the basement and I keep it turned down less than half speed.

Congrats and hurry up with the install :coolsmile:

Sounds like a looooong burn time thus far.

How do you think your wood consumption will compare with your prior stove?

Personally I like a little back round noise, it can't be any louder than my dish washer that is older than me, and I'm 35...LOL

I'm certainly hoping it will be about half as much as last year. I went through 7.5 cords last year. I have a little cart that I load with wood and roll into the stove. I would empty that in a day last year. So far this year I have stretched it out to 2 days but it really hasn't been that cold yet either.

Careful breaking it in, that you do not blister the brown paint. If I
understand properly, it is another layer of paint on top of the original
black.

On my "metallic blue" Princess, the paint blistered, but thankfully
limited to a fairly small area just left of the door - between the door
hinges and the edge of the stove. Should be pretty simple to touch
up, once i get a can of the right paint.

I don't think I did anything wrong, since the blistering is so limited.
Probably some problem with surface prep there - maybe some grease.

Its beautiful! congrats! thats my dream stove! i want a black on e though.. if they had red i would like that!

Hiram Maxim said:
This sucker is nooooooo joke.

nooooooo doubt...congrats!

RustyShackleford said:
Careful breaking it in, that you do not blister the brown paint. If I
understand properly, it is another layer of paint on top of the original
black.

On my "metallic blue" Princess, the paint blistered, but thankfully
limited to a fairly small area just left of the door - between the door
hinges and the edge of the stove. Should be pretty simple to touch
up, once i get a can of the right paint.

I don't think I did anything wrong, since the blistering is so limited.
Probably some problem with surface prep there - maybe some grease.

Mine has the same thing in the same spot... Like a faint line down the side of the stove from top to bottom. On mine it's barely noticeable- but it's there.

Who is it that says those things are ugly? I think that is a beautiful stove, wish it were me rolling that beast in the house.

Keep us posted on how it burns vs. the 30.

daleeper said:
Who is it that says those things are ugly? I think that is a beautiful stove, wish it were me rolling that beast in the house.

Keep us posted on how it burns vs. the 30.

I can hear it now, "in this corner, we have Ennnnnglaaanderrrrr, and in this corner we have Bllaaaaaaze Kiiing"! Pre burn instructions will include, no firing below 300*, nothing less than 3 year seasoned oak, and this firefight isn't over 'til the last fire is out.
We'll be waiting. Probably 'til 2010, but, I think we'll all still be around. I've got popcorn, ....when does it start?!

Dave

learnin to burn said:
I'm certainly hoping it will be about half as much as last year. I went through 7.5 cords last year. I have a little cart that I load with wood and roll into the stove. I would empty that in a day last year. So far this year I have stretched it out to 2 days but it really hasn't been that cold yet either.

So, if my calcs are correct, you'll be loading it with 3.75 cords, then you're done 'til, what, about next May?! :bug:

Dave

If I prepay will you take care of my cremation?

That's some stove, my friend. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.