the Death of Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo..........drilling for oil and building a refinery is less expensive?
Well... a "local" guy in your town, could start up a pellet mill for probably
the same as a McDonald's franchise.
It is unlikely that he could start an oil refinery for the same money..

Several "local" people could pool resources and start a pellet company.
It is unlikely they could start an oil refinery.

The topic was also about starting a pellet plant.. not a refinery.

Dan

I said something similar a few weeks ago, someone replied, " I have one, it's called a furnace"..

Fair enough -- now to convince the wife that we need to to down in the basement with some books and a bottle of wine for a romantic evening spent in front of the furnace. ;em

Reactions: Pellet-King
I said something similar a few weeks ago, someone replied, " I have one, it's called a furnace"..

Fair enough -- now to convince the wife that we need to to down in the basement with some books and a bottle of wine for a romantic evening spent in front of the furnace. ;em

Reactions: alternativeheat
Yep that was a similar reply the last time as well, then along came bear skin blankets or rugs etc LOL !!! No question a stove with glass door has it's place .

I'm getting all sentimental just thinking about it.

Reactions: bogieb

Probably easier to convince her to spend an hour with you there than the back seat of a 2 seater Sunbeam if t is out in the driveway tonight.

I look at it this way: Price of oil had to hit approximately $2.00 / gallon to be break even for me. It is now $1.60. I filled the tanks and am sitting on my pellets until and unless the price of oil goes back up.

In the meantime, no cleaning, no lugging, no blower noise. If oil goes back up pellets will sell again no matter and fracking will restart as well.

In the end it's all about the bottom line and as for romantic evenings, it's easy enough to fire up the stove for fun times.

Reactions: Pellet-King
I look at it this way: Price of oil had to hit approximately $2.00 / gallon to be break even for me. It is now $1.60. I filled the tanks and am sitting on my pellets until and unless the price of oil goes back up.

In the meantime, no cleaning, no lugging, no blower noise. If oil goes back up pellets will sell again no matter and fracking will restart as well.

In the end it's all about the bottom line and as for romantic evenings, it's easy enough to fire up the stove for fun times.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Probably easier to convince her to spend an hour with you there than the back seat of a 2 seater Sunbeam if t is out in the driveway tonight.
:eek::);) LOL! Sounds like you already know it's the worst "back seat" ever, even before the triangulated roll bar.

perhaps we will soon see a stove that can efficiently burn low grade pellets. When that happens, we will see pellet prices plummet. IMO.
Those stoves and technology are already out there now and have been. Harmans......... any model will easily eat and burn low grade pellets. However, the price plummet has not happened.

Reactions: F4jock
perhaps we will soon see a stove that can efficiently burn low grade pellets. When that happens, we will see pellet prices plummet. IMO.
Those stoves and technology are already out there now and have been. Harmans......... any model will easily eat and burn low grade pellets. However, the price plummet has not happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.