The Equinox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunner said:
my non T6 regular old summit at 490lbs can stay north of 400deg surfacetemp for 8hrs no problem.

Gunner, are you serious? How is the insulation in you house? If you had a 70 degree (or we could call it 21C) house temp, and it was 0 outside (OK, - 18 C; you Canadians make it really difficult for most of the SI-inept US Citizens), how quickly would you lose warmth in your house? I assume that my leaky house also makes the stove cool off faster to some degree. Man, I think this T6 is going to be my next and last stove purchase. It's nice that PE has developed a stove that most wives will allow in their homes. I know that mine wouldn't even let me consider a summit!

I did like the looks of the T6 and I think it'll perform very well. Those steel stoves can get hotter than the stone. Although you can actually get the stone up to 700 without much problem.
You know what the stone will do, the steel with cast will do that just differently.
New Learing curve. Tom Oyen says its a killer stove, I believe him.

Mike from Athens said:
Gunner said:
my non T6 regular old summit at 490lbs can stay north of 400deg surfacetemp for 8hrs no problem.

Gunner, are you serious? How is the insulation in you house? If you had a 70 degree (or we could call it 21C) house temp, and it was 0 outside (OK, - 18 C; you Canadians make it really difficult for most of the SI-inept US Citizens), how quickly would you lose warmth in your house? I assume that my leaky house also makes the stove cool off faster to some degree. Man, I think this T6 is going to be my next and last stove purchase. It's nice that PE has developed a stove that most wives will allow in their homes. I know that mine wouldn't even let me consider a summit!

Yes, I'm serious I posted it in your other thread...Stovetop above 400 for 8hrs is no problem at all. I burn ash,cherry, and hard maple. I get her hot (700) and close it all the way down (very good draft)

My "best" is 325 deg stovetop after 13.5hrs

The dirt on the corner of the door typically only happens when the wood is long and too close to the glass.

Attachments

• resize1.jpg
    resize1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 555
  • resize3.jpg
    resize3.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 546
[quote author="Gunner" date="1204413867] Yes, I'm serious I posted it in your other thread...[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhhhh. I musta missed it. Well, I think this will be the choice. Quick heat up to cat-searing temperatures and then long burn times.

I think Cath was looking for a soapstone stove at a reasonable price...

Status
Not open for further replies.