"The firewood market is dead for years...."

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of firewood stockpiled on landings in this area because the market is so flat. Pulp/chip prices are very low. High-end firewood markets (kiln dried, shrink wrapped) report large decrease in demand (likely both weather and storm cleanup related). Some are considering leaving the logs on the landing for next year. Tree length loads are about $90/cord delivered.

Wow. I would take a couple of loads of that. How many cord on the truck?

Reactions: Taylor Sutherland
True dat on the ventilation! If used for firewood, I would not stack at all. Split it and push it inside. Windows on all sides plus the big door, and none have glass.

It would be cool if you could split on the first floor and toss it down a chute when it came off the splitter. Or better yet have a chute off the end of the splitter it just went down without you touching it again. Gravity trumps elbow grease every time.

Reactions: Taylor Sutherland
My thought, the firewood suppliers will actually have it easier now with large quantities of wood available. The VAST majority of fire wood customers are not going to be scrounging/processing wood. It is a lot of work that very few partake in. It is a wind fall for those like us who enjoy the work. Strike while you can!

+1 on this.

It would be cool if you could split on the first floor and toss it down a chute when it came off the splitter. Or better yet have a chute off the end of the splitter it just went down without you touching it again. Gravity trumps elbow grease every time.

Thats the way I'd do it too.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.