The Hamers are in...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike D

Feeling the Heat
Nov 7, 2008
North Haven, CT
So yesterday I got tired of the GT's not keeping up with the colder temps we have been having lately. I did a thorough vacuum cleaning of the Leyden and ran the hopper clean of GT's and threw in my first bag of Hamers this season. What a noticeable difference in temp when I woke up and how little ash there was. I was even able to turn the heat down to "1" today and the main floor still maintained a 70 degree temp. Nice to know that the extra money I spent for these 'Ultra-Premium' pellets was worth the money. I don't do any fancy testing, but I know that I was cleaning the fire box of ash morning and night with the GT's and haven't had to clean it yet with the Hamers (tomorrow).

Strange. My GTs kept the house plenty warm last night and it got down to 3 degrees here. Some of the increase of heat you felt was probably from the cleaning you did, and yes some of the extra heat was from the Hamers as well.

Teams are doing fine here, I going to burn so cubes for fun.
With hammers and cubes expect hopper to empty quicker do to size vs. teams.

I'm in the mood to buy pellets, I can actually see part of the garage wall & sun is not getting in through the windows!

Strange. My GTs kept the house plenty warm last night and it got down to 3 degrees here. Some of the increase of heat you felt was probably from the cleaning you did, and yes some of the extra heat was from the Hamers as well.
I've been cleaning the stove weekly (ash pan) and monthly giving it the deep cleaning. I do like the heat I was getting from the GT's, but the Hamers are giving better heat.

I'd like to try Hamer's but they are like Barefoots where I live.....they are just a legend, and have not been proven to really exist.

I have heard the manufacturer is firm on pricing with the dealers which causes a lot not to carry them. I've heard some around the Virginia area list very cheap prices. I guess it's the price we pay for living in NE. If not Hamers, I would probably go with Turmans if priced right.

Status
Not open for further replies.