the kettle had some action today.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim, that kettle is stainless steel, out of an antique Speed Queen wringer washer from the mid 1950's. I believe it was only one year of production that they used the stainless steel washtub in those washers. I found that one in a barn I tore down a couple years ago. I TIG welded a stainless steel patch to close off the agitator hole, and made the chain hangers for it. I have a total of 0 dollars in the kettle (one bottle of maple syrup for my buddy who owns the TIG), a couple dollars in chain, and the pipe to make the tripod was free from pipe and a scrap trampoline at my neighbor's scrap metal business. Look on ebay, from time to time I see those stainless washtubs on there. Or check out the web, never know what your gonna find!

Thanks for the info. - I'll keep an eye out for something like this. Nice work!

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.