1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

The 'lil truck saw saves the day...for someone else

Post in 'The Gear' started by Bocefus78, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    I was down at deer camp this weekend sighting in my guns when out of nowhere, a neighbor comes flying down the driveway screaming for help. I, of course, stop shooting, and ask whats wrong. He says his sister is stuck down the road from a fallen tree and wants to borrow a saw. I told him "Nope, I don't loan saws....but I'll cut it for you." I told him I only had 1 small saw (ms180) and asked how big the tree was. He says about 10". Now mind you, I'm thinking that this tree was blocking the road and there was a line of cars waiting for someone to clear this thing. Oh no.....way wrong. I get there, and see a 10" hickory with a PT cruiser sitting on top of it with the front wheels off the ground! I LMAO for a minute and proceed to tell them I'm not responsible for anything that happens. Tree is suspended off the ground with a car on top so when I undercut it, the car and the log is gonna slam back to earth. They agree and I cut. BAM! Log on the ground.....tires still off! I got the jack out, jacked up the car, kicked out the log, let it down, and put up the tools. I would have taken pictures, but I think they were embarrased enough already. My good deed is done for the week.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bryan

bryan New Member

Loc:
    Wilmington, DE
    Did they explain how the car ended up on top of the tree? Were they trying to Dukes of Hazard it?
  3. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Wow that is crazy
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    That would have been something to see!
  5. rottiman

rottiman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ontario Canada
    Thanks for a good laugh today................If I had been there, I probably would have been laying on the ground holding my side.
    amateur cutter likes this.
  6. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Yeah, that's what I want to know too! Had the gas pedel of my Highlander stick behind the Weathertech floor mat in a residential area yesterday, just like the news casts warned. Luckey I didn't end up on top of some tree! Riding the brakes hard for a few seconds till I shut it off and figured what was wrong saved my skin. Cut a notch out of the floor mat when got home.
  7. Bocefus78

Bocefus78 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Just Outside Indy
    I didn't ask any questions. I was afraid the answers would cause me to pi$$ my pants laughing!
  8. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Ibet it involved someone saying "hold my beer and watch this".
    milleo, amateur cutter and swagler85 like this.
  9. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Do they make PT Cruiser lift kits?
    HDRock likes this.
  10. Grisu

Grisu Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chittenden, VT
    In that case put it in neutral and then hit the brakes. It is of course easier when you drive a standard; just hit the clutch.
  11. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Get to the good part
    How much of the hickory is now in your stacks?

You did salvage it for fire wood . Right?

LOL :)
    Beardog and swagler85 like this.