The 'lil truck saw saves the day...for someone else

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefus78

Minister of Fire
Jul 27, 2010
Just Outside Indy
I was down at deer camp this weekend sighting in my guns when out of nowhere, a neighbor comes flying down the driveway screaming for help. I, of course, stop shooting, and ask whats wrong. He says his sister is stuck down the road from a fallen tree and wants to borrow a saw. I told him "Nope, I don't loan saws....but I'll cut it for you." I told him I only had 1 small saw (ms180) and asked how big the tree was. He says about 10". Now mind you, I'm thinking that this tree was blocking the road and there was a line of cars waiting for someone to clear this thing. Oh no.....way wrong. I get there, and see a 10" hickory with a PT cruiser sitting on top of it with the front wheels off the ground! I LMAO for a minute and proceed to tell them I'm not responsible for anything that happens. Tree is suspended off the ground with a car on top so when I undercut it, the car and the log is gonna slam back to earth. They agree and I cut. BAM! Log on the ground.....tires still off! I got the jack out, jacked up the car, kicked out the log, let it down, and put up the tools. I would have taken pictures, but I think they were embarrased enough already. My good deed is done for the week.

Did they explain how the car ended up on top of the tree? Were they trying to Dukes of Hazard it?

Wow that is crazy

That would have been something to see!

Thanks for a good laugh today................If I had been there, I probably would have been laying on the ground holding my side.

Reactions: amateur cutter
Did they explain how the car ended up on top of the tree? Were they trying to Dukes of Hazard it?

Yeah, that's what I want to know too! Had the gas pedel of my Highlander stick behind the Weathertech floor mat in a residential area yesterday, just like the news casts warned. Luckey I didn't end up on top of some tree! Riding the brakes hard for a few seconds till I shut it off and figured what was wrong saved my skin. Cut a notch out of the floor mat when got home.

I didn't ask any questions. I was afraid the answers would cause me to pi$$ my pants laughing!

Yeah, that's what I want to know too! Had the gas pedel of my Highlander stick behind the Weathertech floor mat in a residential area yesterday, just like the news casts warned. Luckey I didn't end up on top of some tree! Riding the brakes hard for a few seconds till I shut it off and figured what was wrong saved my skin. Cut a notch out of the floor mat when got home.

In that case put it in neutral and then hit the brakes. It is of course easier when you drive a standard; just hit the clutch.

Get to the good part
How much of the hickory is now in your stacks?

You did salvage it for fire wood . Right?

LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.