The "mysterious" lower 3 buttons in Englander stoves revealed......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just saw a response in another thread from Mike H. at Englander on the "mysterious" lower 3 buttons and the debate over whether they have any influence on the higher heat settings. Here is his response....this should clear this up for everyone permanently (thanks Mike!!):

"It actually it depends on which model stove it is , which board, and which revision chip it is.

•Igniter boards: it has play in higher ranges.

•In the “non igniter” boards it only affects the lowest two settings (1-2)

• All top feed stoves it affects all settings

•Bottom feeders - Contact Mike Holton at Englander so he can see what revision chip the change was made for, but as far as stoves with original equipment built 2003 and prior (non igniter), the presets only affect heat ranges 1-2"

imacman said:
Just saw a response in another thread from Mike H. at Englander on the "mysterious" lower 3 buttons and the debate over whether they have any influence on the higher heat settings. Here is his response....this should clear this up for everyone permanently (thanks Mike!!):

"It actually it depends on which model stove it is , which board, and which revision chip it is.

•Bottom feeders - Contact Mike Holton at Englander so he can see what revision chip the change was made for, but as far as stoves with original equipment built 2003 and prior (non igniter), the presets only affect heat ranges 1-2"

im gonna have to check that , will post when i know, dont contact me yet i gota check first :) but do contact ESW if you need a hand with anything , we'll set you on the right path

Reactions: bill3rail
stoveguy2esw said:
imacman said:

im gonna have to check that , will post when i know, dont contact me yet i gota check first :) but do contact ESW if you need a hand with anything , we'll set you on the right path

now, this is what i'm talkin' about...Harman stoves should take a lesson here on tech support.

This might be the wrong thread to post this but I recently emailed Mike about venting my Englander Stove. Mike ended up calling me because the way I wanted to vent my stove was, well shall we say, unbelievable.

I am so glad I bought my Englander stove now more than ever because of this forum and the customer service of Mike.

Well I would like to say ...THANK YOU TO THE FORUM AND ALL THE FOLKS HERE!
I also was a ..DONT TOUCH THEM BOTTOM BUTTONS GUY...well after reading the correct info and procedures posted here ..I adjusted my low burn from a 4 to a 5 ..AMAZING RESULTS !....SHE IS BURNING WAY BETTER ..I am now gettin the flames that bend back toward the rear of the stove instead of being high and rolling over to the front all over my glass and funkin it up in like an hr.
THANK YOU ALL !

With my Englander running on a thermostat, I almost never touch the feed rate and blower buttons. I'm actually using the lower three buttons (Actually only two of them cause I never touch the last one) to make adjustments based on the pellets and conditions on a much more regular basis.

I've finally found that I can get a really good clean burn with no clinkers and it seems like I'm getting more burn time out of each bag.

I guess the way I look at it, as long as you can put things back the way they were before, there is relatively little harm in making adjustments.

Thanks for the details on the way the board works Mike! For the longest time, I didn't think that the adjustments had anything to do other than on the lowest feed settings.

I played with the bottom buttons for a day and took temp readings for all settings from 1-1-1 to 4-5-1. The results were amaizing. 12 degrees the other night and on 3-7 heat and blower with the bottom on 4-3-1 I am keeping 70 degrees in my 2500 sf colonial. Burn baby burn and haven't even looked at the propane tank. Love my pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.