1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

The Pile is Slowly Growing

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by katwillny, Mar 24, 2012.

1. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Split and stacked about 40 rounds of Locust today on pallets. Just got a call from my cousin telling me that he is cutting a tree in his back yard so I may stop by at some point during the week to help him cut it up and take some of it. I will try to measure the pile today in height, width and height today and try to translate that to cords. Thanks Rory for all of your leads.

Attached Files:

• a.JPG
      a.JPG
      File size:
      164.6 KB
      Views:
    • b.JPG
      b.JPG
      File size:
      161.8 KB
      Views:
    smokinj likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Looking like a good start if you ask me. Pretty soon that stack will be so big you'll sit back in amazement telling yourself "I can't believe how much wood I cut and split!";)
  3. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Keep on adding, the Locust will give you some nice btu's.

zap
  4. ohlongarm

ohlongarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    Love that locust ,I'm stacking mine also but in the rounds till fall,all my energy now is hauling all I can,then I'll split it most is debarked and dry already,almost too pretty to burn.
  5. katwillny

katwillny Guest

I was looking at some wood floors and saw some Honey Locust flooring and it was absolutely beautiful. If i had the proper tools i would make some planks out of it and make a coffee table or something with it. Im glad to burn it though, it burns really hot.
    ScotO likes this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Keep on Kat and you'll catch up with zap.
  7. katwillny

katwillny Guest

Zap is "uncatchable" Dennis. He owns half of NY State so its going to be real hard to catch him. :p