1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

The Positive Overview....

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by webbie, May 25, 2013.

1. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I have little to complain about. As I have said many times before, we won the lottery when we were born in America. Travel camping this week and saw a lot of beautiful land and people. It's a great country.
  3. Gark

Gark Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Michigan
    I am proud to be in the grey shaded area for chart #21
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    I just read that only about 4% of the world's population has been out of their country!

Consider that. If you're a US citizen and you've been the the Canadian Falls or Bermuda or Nassau, you are one of the privileged.
  5. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Both times my wife and I went on a cruise and were able to see some of the other cultures we realized two things . . . a) we are very fortunate to be able to travel out of country like we did as many folks we know have never done so (heck, I know folks who have never left Maine) and b) we are very fortunate to be where we are in life compared to many folks who live much differently than we do -- and this is with simple American middle income jobs.

On the otherhand I was a bit irritated on one trip as we were doing a tour and traveling through an area of the country that was a bit impoverished and there was one guy going on and on about how anyone could live "like this" and how "terrible" this area was . . .
  6. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    See Louis CK on being white. Funny stuff.