"The Priscilla" antique 6 burner kitchen wood stove with oven, water jacket and warming trays

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Boatswain2pa

In 2000 I bought a 1863 farm house in Maine. In it was a BEAST of a kitchen wood stove, appeared VERY old but worked. I replaced some fire bricks in the relatively small firebox on the left side and we used it a few times. My ex even cooked a turkey in the oven once. A series of levers to divert the heat to either the cooktop or to the oven. Water jacket was copper and had a few corrosion pits/holes in it so never tried that.

Transferred (military) in 2004 and had to sell the stove (and the franklin stove in the other room) because insurance wouldn't allow wood stoves to be in the house as a rental. Sold it for a few grand in "Uncle Henry's" magazine to a guy who drove halfway across the state for it.

Now as the internet has become all-encompassing....I can't find anything about such a stove. I've got a few pics tucked away in totes in my basement, but was wondering if anyone knew anything about this brand? Dr. Google sure doesn't.

Foundries were all over, most cities had at least one , many had several. Frequently the same patterns were used by multiple foundries with slight changes to differentiate them. They were great for drafty old farmhouses but not so good in modern construction. There is a good chance that it was built within the state. If you were near Portland, Portand Stove Foundry made a lot of stoves. Folks went crazy over old wood stoves in the seventies, folks were dragging them out of the woods and restoring them. Most ended up as interior decorations in new and old construction. Few got used as they would overheat the house.