The results (of my first chimney sweep) are in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrotherBart said:
I have some problems with that sweep if he left us to tell you about stage 3 creosote. There are only three stages and glaze is stage 3. If you doubt my experience with it then look at my chimney the last season before I lined it. Before I installed the liner I intentionally set this stuff off and it ain't something you want to see.

Oh, shiny.

BrotherBart said:
I have some problems with that sweep if he left us to tell you about stage 3 creosote. There are only three stages and glaze is stage 3. If you doubt my experience with it then look at my chimney the last season before I lined it. Before I installed the liner I intentionally set this stuff off and it ain't something you want to see.

Don't doubt you BB, just learning.....Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
Remkel said:
Glad to hear everything is going well on the other side of town.....

Absolutely Remi! Hope the Firelight is working well for you - bet you can't wait to get that beast humming! Cheers!

If the burn in fires are any indication, this winter will be a lot of fun and very warm.

BrotherBart said:

Wow! Now that looks familiar- like my old clay liner until I put in the SS this past summer.

Remkel said:
BrotherBart said:

Wow! Now that looks familiar- like my old clay liner until I put in the SS this past summer.

You ain't gonna believe the difference. This forum talked me into it and it has been night and day. Just a little soot in the thing.

BrotherBart said:
You ain't gonna believe the difference. This forum talked me into it and it has been night and day. Just a little soot in the thing.

That makes 2 of us.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.