The revised federal tax credit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things: UL has nothing to do with efficiency or emissions, it is a product safety test.

We have posted our certificate on our website so if you have already purchased a boiler that qualifies you can download the certificate there. New boiler shipments will include the certificate with the manual, etc.

Our Excel dual-fuel boiler does NOT qualify for the credit. Certainly the wood burning side of the boiler burns efficiently enough (it is a Solo Plus after all), however, there is no test data to back up the claim, so we cannot claim eligibility for the Excel. Too bad. All other boilers qualify.

This deal is not as straightforward as it may seem, please consult a tax professional to determine if/how you may take advantage of the credit.

best from Lyme,

Chris

BioHeat Sales Guy said:
We have posted our certificate on our website so if you have already purchased a boiler that qualifies you can download the certificate there. New boiler shipments will include the certificate with the manual, etc.
Chris
I checked the website for a certificate but cannot find it. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Same here Rory. I bought a EKO 25 in late oct or early nov and finnished install the second week in Jan. Are we accepted or not. I don't see how if we did the work ourself and have no documentation of compleation in 09.

sorry ohbie1, you are right it is not on the website, but instead on our blog site. Go to www.woodboilers.com and you will see the button that gets you to the blog. Scroll down until you find the "Certificate of Boiler Efficiency" blog and you can click on that to get a .pdf of the document.

sorry for the confusion!

Chris

Just checked the EPA web site and didnt see Econoburn on yet .When will the info on eff be posted....Do Ya know

I would bet that you will see the certificate posted on the Econoburn web site well before you see it on the governments web site.

Webmaster said:
CrappieKeith said:
I JUST DID SOME RESEARCH AND ALL OF THE YUKON EAGLES THAT ARE UL LISTED ARE 75% EFFCIENT AND QUALIFY FOR THE $1500 TAX CREDIT.

75% efficiency on the BIOMASS side? (wood). I highly doubt it.......but who knows, maybe you can slip in somehow.

It would be almost impossible (or impossible) to get 75% out of a firebox that size with natural draft and a design from many years ago.

Perhaps you are talking about the oil side? (75%)......

I'm glad I saw this. I had the same discussion over in another site, and he insisted that they qualified for the tax credit also. I know the fuel side is 80% efficient, but not the wood side. As of right now there are only a few Duel-Fuel units that qualify, and they are from the PSG lines of the caddy. I didn't want people to purchase something thinking it applied, then be upset when it didn't. I purchased my 1950 Hotblast this year, but usstove quit selling them. They are still made by SBI, but are the caddy. Because USStove quit selling them, I'm trying to contact SBI to see if I can qualify even though its rebadged as a usstove. Hopefully things will work out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.