1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

The verdict is in, I saved ...

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by fabsroman, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern CT
    I suppose I could buy C/S/D and save less and work less. I kinda like the bragging rights though of saying I have zero fuel cost. (yeah I know, theres still gas, chains saws, but you know what I mean)
    Actually I have a coffee can that I put $100/ month into and thats for any heat related expense, gas for the truck, new chains, building a shed last year for 8 cords, building another shed this year, replacing the ceramics. I figure after I'm done building/buying stuff I can cut that back to $50 or $25 a month.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    I'd be interested in hearing how the solar panels end up working out and how much it cost to install them. Thinking about applying for a variance for a windmill. They are allowed in my zone on 3 acre lots, but I only have 2 acres. We are on top of a hill and the wind here is pretty good. Would have generated a ton of electricity here the past two days. No variance needed for solar panels though.
  3. iceguy4

iceguy4 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Upstate, NY

nozzels are rated @ 100psi...most modern burners are at least 140 psi so that equals 1.01 gph slightly over 25 gallons,,,
  4. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    We could start a pool for what year this happens for you. I'll take 2046 ;lol

I keep telling myself I'll get there someday.
  5. Rob186

Rob186 Member

Loc:
    New jersey
    I saved about 3000 this year with the new boiler next year will be a little less becouse I got log legths delivers for 450 bucks
  6. JP11

JP11 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I thought that was the case.. but only had heard it anecdotally. Never had seen it in print. I don't think my hourmeter has actually hit 25 yet.. but it was close the last time I looked.

My wife got lazy yesterday with the high temps, and ran out of storage. She's not being as careful to hit 195 at night.. so many mornings it's 150. Takes a small fire in the morning. Tanks stop supplying heat at 135.. and oil kicks on.

JP
    iceguy4 likes this.
  7. iceguy4

iceguy4 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Upstate, NY

http://comfort-calc.net/pump_press.html