The "WOOD RUSH " is ON

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
Surprisingly wood orders have trickled in at a slower pace than normal this summer. Just enough to keep up with SANE production/delivery rates. The last 2 days orders for 150 cord of processed and 125 cord of unprocessed long wood have come in. Time to kick it in high gear.

THE WOOD RUSH IS ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this all green wood? for next year must be

Lee. You must make hay when the sun shines. Go for it!

Adios Pantalones said:
What happened to you selling that business off? Still looking for a buyer?

Wish you prosperity this season!

When my wood inventory runs out I will liquidate some equipment and use other existing equipment to get into a biomass/chipping operation. Pending enegy prices don't retreat.

Haven't been able to add to inventory since January because of the logging situation.Most of my green wood comes from other mills and processors and this supply has been slowly dropping off for over a year.I saw this slowdown coming years ago when fuel started creeping up and have prepared accordingly to enter the biomass market. We currently haul up to 200 tons/week of wood waste from pallet/crate/flooring manufacturers and market some for campfire/kindling wood and some to mulch producers. This amount of waste wood will give us a head start out of the gate when biomass becomes profitable.

NIMBYism has kept cogeneration out of this part of NY but there are a few projets in the works and more I believe will follow. Pellet demand and biomass will leave many large scale firewood producers with little or no wood to process in the near future. Even timber companies producing their own wood will find it more profitable to sell as raw product for cogen or pellets.

As for the sale of the wood business , everything is always for sale for the right price. LOL

LEES WOOD-CO said:
Adios Pantalones said:
What happened to you selling that business off? Still looking for a buyer?

Wish you prosperity this season!

When my wood inventory runs out I will liquidate some equipment and use other existing equipment to get into a biomass/chipping operation. Pending enegy prices don't retreat.

Haven't been able to add to inventory since January because of the logging situation.Most of my green wood comes from other mills and processors and this supply has been slowly dropping off for over a year.I saw this slowdown coming years ago when fuel started creeping up and have prepared accordingly to enter the biomass market. We currently haul up to 200 tons/week of wood waste from pallet/crate/flooring manufacturers and market some for campfire/kindling wood and some to mulch producers. This amount of waste wood will give us a head start out of the gate when biomass becomes profitable.

NIMBYism has kept cogeneration out of this part of NY but there are a few projets in the works and more I believe will follow. Pellet demand and biomass will leave many large scale firewood producers with little or no wood to process in the near future. Even timber companies producing their own wood will find it more profitable to sell as raw product for cogen or pellets.

As for the sale of the wood business , everything is always for sale for the right price. LOL

It`s a family business-ya gotta keep it Lee. :coolgrin: Seems like you have good business sense,evolving with the times,and rolling with the punches.

One thing I've learned from running a business, it's that you have to reinvent yourself to go with the times.

Other wise you're
1049112304.gif

Sounds like you are on the right track ! :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.